Thursday, February 18, 2010

Oh Yea That Superbowl Thing


Ahh man, there was so much to talk about with Superbowl commercials this year. There was the whole Tim Tebow/ Focus On The Family controversy about airing anti-abortion messages during the Superbowl. And of course it seemed like 70% of the commercials involved someone getting tackled or hanging out in a hot tub -seriously even hot tubs on deserted islands. Oh and for some reason the Doritos ads had men divided into the category of either "hen pecked" husbands, black men, or hipsters Honestly watching these commercials I felt a little sorry for guys- they can be just as stereotyped as women. Personally I liked the Google commercial the best. I'm such a sap.

I actually didn't get to watch the Superbowl cause I don't have TV and I live in liberal elitist gay commie New York where no one else really watches it. However coverage of Saints linebacker Scott Fujita made me at least think about caring. Fujita, a poli-sci major from Berkeley is a big supporter of gay rights, abortion rights, breast cancer awareness, and hopes to be a public school teacher when he retires from football. Now there's a guy who could sell me some Doritos.

So here's an annoying ad that ran for Dodge.


And a good response video

haha, I love that line about crying at the end of Rudy!

No comments: