Friday, July 17, 2009

Babe Ruthless


Drew Barrymore's directorial debut Whip It has just released its trailer. The movie stars Ellen Page who is sort of a polarizing 'love her or hate her' kinda gal. I'm generally a fan cause I like that she wears flannels and well she probably wears underwear too which is a rare thing in Hollywood.

Anyhow, the supporting cast is pretty much all my favorite females...Kristen Wiig, Juliette Lewis, Eve, and the amazing Zoe Bell. Not to mention Drew Barrymore, Marcia Gay Harden, Jimmy Fallon, and 'the other Wilson brother' Andrew Wilson who I loved as Beef Supreme in Idiocracy. The trailer ends with Andrew Wilson, the coach, telling the girls to celebrate mediocrity, which in a world that insists we be both Jenna Jameson and Mother Theresa (basically Angelina Jolie) - well I'm just gonna say that mediocrity doesn't seem like that bad of message. After all they're having fun. All two of the roller derby girls I've ever known have been pretty awesome. I hope this movie does well, because it looks to have a decent message - no terrorist brides or shopaholic shells of human beings. Whip it....whip it good!

No comments: